Our Vision Statement
The Grand Union Multi Academy Trust (GU MAT) is a cross-phase family of schools committed to the common aim of continuous school improvement through collaboration, support and challenge. We seek to be a network of 3-5 schools where every child/young person receives the best possible education through the sharing of best practice and world class professional development opportunities for staff.
Vision & Values
The Grand Union Multi Academy Trust (GU MAT) is a cross-phase family of schools committed to the common aim of continuous school improvement through collaboration, support and challenge. We seek to be a network of 3-5 schools where every child/young person receives the best possible education through the sharing of best practice and world class professional development opportunities for staff
We believe that there is a moral imperative to spread best practice beyond the confines of one school. We aim to promote a culture of our schools and students across the Trust.
All schools will support the Trust motto “Together we Achieve” and support the development of our four strategic cornerstones shown below and within an ethos which values equality, diversity and inclusion:
- An inclusive ethos underpinned by a strong code of behaviour
- A determined focus on teaching and learning which stems from evidence informed best practice.
- A rich, varied and well-sequenced curriculum.
- Rigorous data tracking and intervention.
Our overriding aim is to develop a co-operative and collaborative ethos across all our schools which places children at the centre of everything we do and ensures they receive the best possible education. We want to be at the heart of a self-improving system led by school leaders in partnership and collaboration.
Ambitions & Objectives
- We aim to offer an outstanding education to all the pupils in all our schools to ensure we realise the potential of every pupil in every school and to prepare them for a successful future in the 21st Century.
- We promote excellence, personal achievement and the realisation of each and every child’s/pupil’s potential, irrespective of their gender, race, ability or background.
- We aim to provide strong, ambitious and inspirational leadership in every school so that every pupil and every member of staff is encouraged to achieve more than they thought was possible.
- We aim to set challenging targets for all our schools and to use key data sets to drive progress.
- We aim to use the most effective new technologies to drive attainment and progress.
- We aim to offer the very best CPD in Teaching & Learning and in Leadership and Management to all our staff and to provide wider opportunities for staff development across schools and phases.
- We aim to ensure all schools in the partnership will be working towards or maintaining outstanding status.
- We aim to deliver economies of scale and ensure all of the above is delivered within a predetermined budget, which is audited and gives best value for money.
- We aim to attract the highest calibre of staff that share our vision and values and will ensure we fulfil our obligations as an equal opportunities employer in so doing.